#Askacurator Trends and Archives3
These are trends captured along the way. If anyone has any other data we can add, please let me know.
I’ve managed to capture over 12K tweets from 8am-11:30pm UK Time (closer to 13K as I missed some).
08:00 @erikajoy fabulous Pinterest created from asking What makes object/artwork in your collection makes you laugh? already popular.
10:05 There are 3497 Tweets captured
11:00 @AskACurator: #askaCurator is now trending in the UK
11:46 @museupicasso: @AskACurator also trending topic in spain! #askacurator
12:40 Archived tweets, over 6K now and trending in the UK and Spain
15:45 USA and Canada are now taking part and the tag is moving quickly.
15:50 @SumoJim: #AskaCurator is the UK’s top trending subject on Twitter.
19:52 #askacurator in 4 hours there have been approximately 4000 tweets.
Top questions (that I saw internationally):
- Is Photography allowed?
- Do you have Bears in Museums?
- What makes object/artwork in your collection makes you laugh?
- Favorite/spookiest/oddest piece? (@museumpaige drew favorite objects for those museums that responded)
- Thought process behind display.
- How are collections cleaned/dusted
- How to engage #TeensinMuseums.
- Do curators get social media?
- Do you see digital tools as a positive or negative? (QR, Apps, social media…)
Tags: Ask A Curator, AskACurator, International, museums, Teens in Museums
Again, thank you to Jim Richardson and Sumo Design for allowing this fabulous event to be run again.
3 Trackbacks / Pingbacks
[...] the fact that the event could have been better advertised, but while this may be true, according to Mar Dixon’s summary of the day there were close to 13K #askacurator tweets sent between 8am and 11:30pm UK time, with [...]
[...] . @MarDixon » Blog Archive » #Askacurator Trends and Archives [...]
[...] Mar Dixon: #AskACurator Trends and Archives [...]