These are trends captured along the way. If anyone has any other data we can add, please let me know.
I’ve managed to capture over 12K tweets from 8am-11:30pm UK Time (closer to 13K as I missed some).
08:00 @erikajoy fabulous Pinterest created from asking What makes object/artwork in your collection makes you laugh? already popular.
10:05 There are 3497 Tweets captured
11:00 @AskACurator: #askaCurator is now trending in the UK
11:46 @museupicasso: @AskACurator also trending topic in spain! #askacurator
12:40 Archived tweets, over 6K now and trending in the UK and Spain
15:45 USA and Canada are now taking part and the tag is moving quickly.
15:50 @SumoJim: #AskaCurator is the UK’s top trending subject on Twitter.
19:52 #askacurator in 4 hours there have been approximately 4000 tweets.
Top questions (that I saw internationally):
- Is Photography allowed?
- Do you have Bears in Museums?
- What makes object/artwork in your collection makes you laugh?
- Favorite/spookiest/oddest piece? (@museumpaige drew favorite objects for those museums that responded)
- Thought process behind display.
- How are collections cleaned/dusted
- How to engage #TeensinMuseums.
- Do curators get social media?
- Do you see digital tools as a positive or negative? (QR, Apps, social media…)
Again, thank you to Jim Richardson and Sumo Design for allowing this fabulous event to be run again.