With only two weeks to go the links and messages have been flying fast and furious. This post tries to help keep you updated on the key points/highlights including:
Two free Webinars scheduled for March 10 (TOMORROW!). This is open to EVERYONE internationally and will be for those wanting how to get involved and learn what the hashtags are about. Tips/tricks will be included. Use #QuestionsMW to ask questions. I’ll be asking them as I speak but also leaving time at the end of the webinar for those not received before. If you prefer, feel free to email me (email@example.com).
See the updated Who to Ask page to see almost 1000 museums who have signed up for #MuseumWeek – truly something for everyone Worldwide!
- A significant jump for 799 to 994 signed up!
- Columbia – double their museums to 78 signed up
- Chile, Hungrary, Poland and Tunisie are new to the list
- Brasil has made incredibly progress
- Italy jumped from 71-86
- Japan had a massive increase from 18 to 43!
- Luxembourg double to 2 signed up.
- Mexico added another 7 making their total 18.
- Russia is up to 15
- Spain jumped 12 to 68
- UK leads the countries with 216 (an increase of 31 signing up in one week!)
- USA increased from 87 to 123.
- Artsy (New York) aren’t a museum but are getting involved with #MuseumWeek by highlighting works/exhibitions on Artsy from their museum partners that fit the daily hashtag themes. They are also looking to host two tweetups at two New York City museums to fit the daily hashtag themes.
- Context Travel is organizing some pretty impressive FREE tours in London, Rome, Barcelona, Paris, Madrid and more! Like Artsy, they are not a museum but work within the sector and showing how non-museums can get involved!
- Currently talking with Antenna Lab to see how they can help us promote to their communities.
The participation of eighteen museums of Sao Paulo’s State Secretariat of Culture in the #MuseumWeek 2015 aims to promote the diversity and richness of our collections in a fun and engaging way, which will certainly widen their reach. Our collections cover a wide variety of areas such as art, soccer, design, history, ethnography, science and the Portuguese language. In 2014 these museums comprised 3.7 million visitors and their websites had 8 million unique views.
On March 5th, I was invited to attend the French culture minister Fleur Pellerin join Twitter CEO Dick Costolo to launch #MuseumWeek initiative at a press conference in Paris. A selection of the coverage:
- #MuseumWeek on Twitter taking place this month via @thebusinessday
- #MuseumWeek comes to the UK via @TwitterUK
- Twitter presenta #MuseumWeek 2015 via @TwitterSpain
- Twitter presenta #MuseumWeek 2015 [Mexico]
- Quadri in 140 caratteri Torna la Museum Week su Twitter [Italy]
- La #MuseumWeek ou l’art du tweet
- Già in 500 per la #MuseumWeek promossa da Twitter
- CEO of Twitter Dick Costolo speaks during a press conference on Museum Week at France’s Culture Ministry in Paris, Thursday, March 5, 2015. (AP Photo/Michel Euler) | Photo of the Day – Yahoo